[darcs-users] 0.9.1[89] fails on OpenBSD with ssl issues

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 24 13:20:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 02:52:34PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> I have found two issues while updating the OpenBSD port of darcs.  (Yes,
> there is a port to OpenBSD, in the ports tree!).
>
> darcs 0.9.18 and 0.9.19 will build fine, under at least ghc 6.2.1, but
> when the binary is executed on OpenBSD it produces:

> Similarly for other darcs commands. This doesn't occur in 0.9.17 or
> earlier, and I don't have much of a clue at the moment how to
> proceed. Has anyone seen this before? Is it an ssl configuration issue?

My guess is that curl-config is somehow broken on OpenBSD, since the main
relevant change was switching to use curl-config to get the flags needed to
compile and link with libcurl.  It would help to check `which curl-config`
and see the config.log.  I suspect curl-config is giving you something
stupid, although your errors are sufficiently bizarre that it's hard to
imagine how curl-config could give any answer that would cause this!
http://www.abridgegame.org