[darcs-users] rollback / unpull

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sun Apr 25 23:26:34 UTC 2004

Nimrod Mesika wrote:
> Now I want to re-apply 'first_patch' (not sure if this is like removing the
> UNDO patch). I tried 'darcs unpull' but it only lets me remove 'second_patch'...
>
> What am I missing here?

second_patch probably depends on UNDO_first_patch.

You could instead make a branch with `darcs get', and then
`darcs unrecord; darcs revert' first_patch in the branch.
Then you could make changes and record second_patch in
the branch.  Now you have two patches (first_patch and
second_patch) that are "parallel" (they are both stacked
on the same underlying patches).  If you now 'darcs pull'
first_patch back into the branch, they will merge (perhaps
with a conflict).