[darcs-users] reviewing and testing pulls

David Brown darcs at davidb.org
Wed Apr 28 16:26:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 07:48:14AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:

> Hmmmm.  It is certainly doable, but a bit scary (what if you mistype the
> tag?).  You can also accomplish this with a darcs get --tag-name followed
> by a directory delete and rename.  On the other hand, this doesn't have
> much of an advantage over just doing the pull into a temporary repo in the
> first place.

It depends on which occurs more frequently.  If I normally pull patches,
and just leave them, your aproach above doesn't normally involve a
tree-copy.  The tree-copy only happens in the case of backing out
multiple changes.  The temp repo always invokes the tree-copy, which is
more useful if most pulled patches will be rejected.

Dave