[darcs-users] Re: peer to peer darcs

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Aug 2 20:17:09 UTC 2004

S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> Note to Eric: I am assuming that your email setup,
> either allows something like procmail or allows
> you to define a new email/jabber address
> specifically for this stuff or your install a
> pop/imap proxy, etc.  And I am totally ok with
> sending out full patches and relying on local user
> set ups to decide how to handle it (e.g. cache
> attachments on a web server, or rely on pop/imap
> header stuff, etc).

my e-mail set up will but I refuse to use procmail because it's and
unmanageable pile of crap.  Every time I use it, I get third-degree burns.

However, my original reason for insisting on the awareness that's not
everyone has full control of the e-mail system is because two of my
developers are just pop 3 only people.  We have to accommodate these
folks because they are increasingly the majority of developers courtesy
monopoly service providers like camcast/verizon/sbc/<name your
"favorite" ptt|telco here>.

I'll stick on the queue of things I owe the group, a list of models of
connectivity operation that I believe should be accommodated.

---eric