[darcs-users] three issues with darcs web pages

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Aug 4 10:34:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 01:16:24PM -0300, Zooko wrote:
> 1.  The wiki is down: "(111) Connection refused"

Seems to be fixed now...

> 2.  The front page says darcs requires ghc 6.01 or higher, but the
> release announcement for the release announcement for darcs 0.9.23 says
> it requires ghc 6.2.

Ooops, forgot to run "make index.html" after changing that...

> 3.  The front page points to the old cgi script instead of Will
> Glozer's new one.  (Perhaps you aren't ready to change it to the new
> one.)

Hmmm.  I'm not entirely sure here.  The new one's definitely far prettier,
but it's not quite as complete as the old.  It's missing the information
about when a given line was deleted.  I definitely prefer the new way of
showing when a line was added, but some way of getting to the patch that
deleted that line would be nice.

I guess changing that link will increase the number of people seeing the
new cgi script, which will perhaps increase the amount of testing it gets
and the number of rough edges that get reported.  For example (in looking
at it just now), I just noticed that although you can list the patches that
modify a given file, there's no way to go the the pages of those patches!
:(

I think I'll change the link though... hopefully "soon" the new script will
get nice enough that I can get rid of the old one.
http://www.abridgegame.org