[darcs-users] Automatic darcs

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at falvotech.com
Fri Aug 6 05:45:00 UTC 2004

On Thursday 05 August 2004 10:21 pm, Martin Pool wrote:
> You can use fam or dnotify, but they can lose information (as, I
> believe, can the MS interface.)  So you need a way to discover things
> that changed while the program wasn't listening.

If this is the same FileSystemWatcher as I believe I saw before, it is an
intrinsic API-level functionality which provides accurate notification
to Win32 applications of *ANY* activity to any directory the application
has privileges to.  If any information is lost, it's not Windows that
loses it (unless it bluescreens), but the application receiving the
notification.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II