[darcs-users] three issues with darcs web pages

Will will at glozer.net
Fri Aug 6 19:19:52 UTC 2004

Will <will at glozer.net> writes:

> David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:
>
>> Hmmm.  I'm not entirely sure here.  The new one's definitely far prettier,
>> but it's not quite as complete as the old.  It's missing the information
>> about when a given line was deleted.  I definitely prefer the new way of
>> showing when a line was added, but some way of getting to the patch that
>> deleted that line would be nice.

I've just sent in several patches to address these missing features.

> So for any given line of a file you want to be able to view when it was
> added (which works currently?) and when it was removed (if it was)?

When a line is displayed it will have a red dash (-) at the right
margin if it is deleted by another patch.  Clicking on the dash will
take you to the patch that deleted the line.

>> I guess changing that link will increase the number of people seeing the
>> new cgi script, which will perhaps increase the amount of testing it gets
>> and the number of rough edges that get reported.  For example (in looking
>> at it just now), I just noticed that although you can list the patches that
>> modify a given file, there's no way to go the the pages of those patches!
>> :(
>
> Hmm, do you want to view the "patch summary" page, i.e. where it shows
> what files a patch modified?  Currently when viewing patches applied
> to a particularly file there is only a link to annotate that file.

I've added a new 'summary' link to each patch in the patch list.  This
link will take you to the page showing what files the patch touched.

Regards,
Will