[darcs-users] bug report: I generated unrecoverable conflicts with myself?

Zooko Whielacronxo zooko at zooko.com
Sat Aug 7 13:07:27 UTC 2004

I was moving and removing files, as well as editing them, and darcs got
into a state where it said "Yikes, pending has conflicts!".  After that
I wasn't able to record my outstanding changes nor to revert them.

I didn't pull patches from any other source during this process.  (I
did pull patches into a neighboring repository named "pyutil-pristine",
but not into the "pyutil" repository where this all took place.)

Here is the bash history file showing everything that I did in that
repository:

http://zooko.com/hist-of-darcs-bug

Here is the repository as it stood at the end of that history:

http://zooko.com/pyutil-darcs-yikes.tar.bz2

Here is a "screen" screenshot of the output from darcs at the end of
that history:

http://zooko.com/darcs-bug-screenshot

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

The source code which I started with (the things that get "darcs
add"'ed at the beginning of that history) are to be found in this
tarball:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pyutil/pyutil-v1.0.0a1-53-
UNSTABLE.tar.gz?download

If you download that tarball and then replay all the "darcs" and "rm"
and "mv" commands from that histfile, then you'll have the exact same
thing I did.  Oh, except that unfortunately the interactive parts
aren't recorded in that histfile.

Regards,

Zooko