[darcs-users] bug report: I generated unrecoverable conflicts with myself?

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Sat Aug 7 15:46:47 UTC 2004

    Zooko> I was moving and removing files, as well as editing them,
    Zooko> and darcs got into a state where it said "Yikes, pending
    Zooko> has conflicts!".  After that I wasn't able to record my
    Zooko> outstanding changes nor to revert them.

I was able to reproduce the same situation, that happens after you
unrecord a patch that performs an adddir, even in a fresh repo with
just that patch.

The problem vanished recording an unrelated change::

    $ darcs mv a d
    Yikes, pending has conflicts!

    darcs failed:  The target directory d doesn't exist in working directory.
    $ ls -l
    drwxrwxr-x  6 lele lele 1024  7 ago 17:10 _darcs
    -rw-rw-r--  1 lele lele    9  7 ago 17:09 a
    drwxrwxr-x  2 lele lele 1024  7 ago 17:09 d
    $ touch c
    $ darcs add c
    Yikes, pending has conflicts!
    $ darcs record -m "tre" -a c
    Recording changes in "c":

    Yikes, pending has conflicts!
    Finished recording patch 'tre'
    $ darcs mv a d
    $ darcs wha -s
     ./a -> ./d/a
    A ./d/
    A ./d/b.txt
    $

    Zooko> I didn't pull patches from any other source during this
    Zooko> process.  (I did pull patches into a neighboring repository
    Zooko> named "pyutil-pristine", but not into the "pyutil"
    Zooko> repository where this all took place.)

You do know about my tailor_ tool, don't you? It makes *very* easy to
track SF net based software.

ciao, lele.

.. _tailor: http://nautilus.homeip.net/~lele/projects/cvsync/
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.