[darcs-users] Re: questions on development process

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Sun Aug 8 21:03:44 UTC 2004

On Aug 8, 2004, at 6:44, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> maybe this is a bad attitude but I feel that but files should not go
> into a repository unless they are fully functional.  I think this
> comes from my experience in working with groups were too many times my
> work has been halted by the fact that somebody checked-in broken code.

	I think the solution to this is to branch.  I don't like getting up
and having uncommitted code in a tree.  Committing to a branch nobody's
using seems to make this OK.

	The thing that's kind of weird, though, is that, in darcs, branch
integration isn't really a separate formal step.  All of the my
temporary patches come through.  I can't decide whether that's
desirable or not.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net>