[darcs-users] rename "_darcs" to ".darcs" ?

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Mon Aug 9 21:37:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:56:42AM -0300, Zooko Journeyman wrote:
> If "_darcs" were named ".darcs" then the normal Unix "hidden files"
> feature would hide it from certain commands.

I would tend to prefer that too, but as an alternative I often make
_darcs a symlink up a level (eg a/_darcs -> ../_darcs.a).  This way,
find (which does not ignore dot files) and everything else just work.
It would be kinda nice if darcs could do this automatically (according
to a setting in ~/.darcs), but it adds complexity for something most
people probably don't care about.

Andrew