[darcs-users] bug report, with repo

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Aug 10 09:41:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:37:58AM -0300, Whiel O'Zookocronx wrote:
> On 2004, Aug 08, , at 09:48, David Roundy wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 07:58:48AM -0300, Zooko wrote:
> >>If you untar this, cd into "r1" and run "darcs push ../r2", then hit
> >>"yy", you'll get an indefinite wait, if you are using darcs 0.9.22
> >>from
> >>fink unstable on my Mac OS X 10.3 G4 laptop.
> >
> >The trouble here is that "r2" has a somewhat messed up "pending".  The
> >symptom here is that darcs whatsnew --summary shows that every line of
> >reading.html has been modified, which is most certainly not the case.
>
> No, every line has been modified!  Try "diff r1/reading.html
> r2/reading.html".

It's been modified between r1 and r2, but within r1, it's untouched.

diff r1/reading.html r1/_darcs/current/reading.html

Thus it's wrong when whatsnew in r1 says every line has been modified.

> >The inefficiency of darcs in the face of many conflicts like this is a
> >known (and post-1.0) issue.
>
> By the way, do you have a prediction for when darcs 1.0 will be released?
> I would be satisfied with a +/- 3 months confidence interval.

Soon? Of course, I've been saying that for much more than 3 months, so it's
hard to believe myself.  If it hadn't been for the recently discovered bugs
in --ask-deps I probably would have made the next release a 1.0-rc1
release.  To be very safe (on a +/- 3 months confidence interval) I'd say
three months from now, but really I think it'll be sooner than that.
http://www.abridgegame.org