[darcs-users] peer to peer darcs

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Tue Aug 10 19:14:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> Only to cover cases where eg some early patch gets indefinitely delayed,
> while later patches come through.

ok, I get it.  we need to do something to
guarantee patch delivery within finite time.
Perhaps we add an error recovery flow to the
distribution protocol so that if someone misses
context, they can recover it from whomever used
that context...

Perhaps the exchange is send an origin context
description and a desired context description and
recieve a patch(set)  describing the difference.

Note: I don't know what a context description
is... potentially a list of patch-ids or
potentially something better...

-Alex-