[darcs-users] How does --ask-deps work?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Aug 11 10:44:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 03:55:10AM +0200, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:28:54AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:43:10PM +0200, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> [snip]
> > >   Fail: Aaack in ipf! Please report this bug.
> [snip]
> > This is very odd.  I've tried the above and don't see the same Aaack.  Can
>
> Did you try with the binary you built for me?  Thank you for taking the
> time to do that, by the way!  Well, I could not come to rest with this
> inconsistency, so I finally did set up a debian testing chroot -- it was
> much more easy than I first thought. :-)

No, I didn't try that.  (And, yes, setting up a debian chroot is really
friendly--I've got three! :)

> It looks like the patch "fix numbering on interactive commands." put
> things back to order.  I compiled with everything to the "fix --ask-deps"
> patch and got the Aaack.  Then I pulled in the "fix numbering patch" and
> compiled, and the Aaack was gone.  I did no more thorough investigation
> than seeing that these two patches changes the same lines.

Yay! I guess I fixed it accidentally... (or incidentally?)

> I noticed that it's possible to record a completely empty named patch
> with --ask-deps.  And that (contrary to 0.9.23) answering Yes makes the
> patch Not depended on and answering No Does make it depended on...
>
> > Incidentally, the --ask-deps still doesn't seem to be behaving as it
> > ought--
> [snip]
>
> I agree. :^)

I think I've got it fixed this time.  I never thought to check which
patches were actually depended on! :) So if you can retest with the

Wed Aug 11 06:36:08 EDT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * fix inversion in meaning on --ask-deps.

patch, that would be great.  This time I've actually done some testing, but
I'd like to have your confirmation before making a release (which I'd like
to do soon).
http://www.abridgegame.org