[darcs-users] bug report, with repo

Zooko Journeyman zooko at zooko.com
Thu Aug 12 15:44:59 UTC 2004

On 2004, Aug 08, , at 09:48, David Roundy wrote:

> However, the bug that led to a messed-up pending should be tracked
> down.
> Do you remember what was done in r2 prior to this? I'm guessing (but am
> most likely wrong) something like a file move or remove and an
> unrevert or
> unrecord.  It's possible (perhaps likely) that this is another
> instance of
> the bug you reported which I just responded to ("Yikes"), but it would
> be
> comforting to know what caused this oddness in r2.

Hmm.  I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure, but I think I didn't do
anything in r2 other than push patches to it!

However, r2 started with files that later got created in patches pushed
from r1.  Let me explain:

r2 is actually my web site (http://zooko.com/).

I just ran "darcs initialize" in the www directory.

Then I took a few files off of my web site and added them to a new
darcs repository, named r1, on my local computer.

I changed the contents of these files and occasionally I added new
files which I got (via wget) from my web site.  Then I pushed the
resulting patches back to r2 -- back to my live web site.

So could it be a problem that a file, such as reading.html, was sitting
in r2 but had not been darcs add'ed to r2, and then I darcs added that
file in r1, then changed that file in r2, then pushed to r2?

Ah, I see that I've done it again.  See next message.

--Z