[darcs-users] bug report:

Zooko Journeyman zooko at zooko.com
Fri Aug 13 12:01:22 UTC 2004

On 2004, Aug 10, , at 08:15, David Roundy wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:12:28AM -0300, Whiel O'Zookocronx wrote:
>> Anyway if you are going to keep them separate
>> then maybe "darcs pull" should immediately emit a warning/explanation
>> and exit when there is no repository in the current directory.
>
> Doesn't it?

When I do this, it pulls patches and tries to merge them and hangs.
Bizarre, right?  Well this is why -- see appended.

I guess this might help explain my tendency to get merge-hangs.

If I had strace on Mac OS X I would tell you where it is finding this
repo...

Regards,

Zooko

(actual bash transcript follows)

CRWL draco:~/playground/c$ mkdir emptydir
CRWL draco:~/playground/c$ cd emtpydir
bash: cd: emtpydir: No such file or directory
CRWL draco:~/playground/c$ cd emptydir
CRWL draco:~/playground/c/emptydir$ /sw/bin/darcs --version
0.9.23
CRWL draco:~/playground/c/emptydir$ /sw/bin/darcs changes
Sat Aug  7 10:59:10 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * wait a bit to allow for switching time

Sat Aug  7 10:05:40 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * yyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sat Aug  7 10:02:33 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * t3est