[darcs-users] ctrl-c, windows

Peter Strand peter at zarquon.se
Mon Aug 16 08:27:25 UTC 2004

Martin Schaffner wrote:
>>Sun Aug 15 13:43:45 CEST 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
>>  * update version number to 1.0.0rc1.
>
> IMO, before going 1.0.0, darcs needs to delete _darcs/lock after a ctrl-c
> on Windows.

I was looking into this a while ago, but got stuck on how to do it in
other consoles than the normal "cmd.exe" one.
Especially mingw's rxvt doesn't behave as a normal console in windows,
it has problems with unbuffered input as well, IIRC.

However, I think I've seen programs which works correctly there, so it's
obviously possible.

But I almost never use the standard console in windows, it's always
either cygwin or mingw, so a solution that doesn't support these
wouldn't be very useful (to me at least).

A small quirk with the ctrl-c handling in win32 is that the callback is
called in a new thread in the process, so darcs needs to be compiled
with the threaded rts to avoid crashing. But it's not much of a problem
as recent versions of ghc makes the threaded rts available via a
compilation flag (not recompilation of ghc as it used to be).

/Peter