[darcs-users] Problems getting started

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Mon Aug 16 19:51:36 UTC 2004

On Aug 16, 2004, at 12:32, Scott L. Burson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just build darcs 0.9.23 using the binary x86 distribution of GHC
> 6.2.1.  I
> did
>
>   % mkdir repo
>   % cd repo
>   % darcs initialize
>   % cd somewhere_else
>   % darcs add -r --repodir /path/to/repo src_dir
>   (where `src_dir' is a directory)
>
> and I get
>
>   File src_dir does not exist!
>
> Any idea what's going on here?  Or do I now get a crash course in
> debugging
> Haskell code?  :-)

	There's no src_dir in your /path/to/repo dir.  It needs to be there if
you want it controlled by the arch repo in /path/to/repo.  I.e. add
doesn't put files into your repository, it prepares darcs to record
changes made within your repository.

	You might think of it as adding control of a file that already exists
within your repository directory.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net>