[darcs-users] Problems getting started

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Tue Aug 17 17:40:02 UTC 2004

On Aug 17, 2004, at 1:47, Scott L. Burson wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  You know, I read that part of the manual, and I
> even
> started to do it the right way, and then scratched my head and said,
> "wait,
> this can't be right".  One thing that puzzles me still, and might have
> contributed to my confusion last night, is the fact that `add' takes a
> `--repodir' option.  What does it do?

	It allows you to add things relatively without changing directories, I
guess.  --repodir makes more sense in other commands such as ``apply''
which will apply a patch received out-of-band to a repository (again,
without having to cd).  This is used in the mail -> repository
gateways.

--
Dustin Sallings