[darcs-users] Re: Initial impressions of darcs

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Aug 19 04:31:42 UTC 2004

On Aug 18, 2004, at 21:07, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

> Irrelavent; note that proftpd, for instance, has a configuration option
> for enabling whether or not links are supported.  Apache does as well.
>
> Many ISPs refuse to support links on the pretense that it is (somehow)
> insecure.  Regardless of the validity of their claims, it is an issue
> that nonetheless has to be dealt with.

	It sounds like you're confusing hard links and symbolic (soft) links.
Every file name is a link.  Any given file may have zero or more names.
  I've not seen applications discriminate against files that don't have
the expected number of names (but it is possible, I guess).

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net>