[darcs-users] bug in darcs whatsnew

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 20 12:14:00 UTC 2004

I am thinking (dreaming ;-) of an extended pattern declaration
of that of darcs replace.  A file where you could describe
the syntaxes of your various files, so darcs can identify
not only lines and keywords, but functions, comments, module
exports, quirks and obscenities.  It would not have to be very
advanced to still be very powerful.  I don't believe at all
in a full tree parse.  Many good languages have free syntax.
That does Not mean such syntax is void of sense; it means
you can make use of it, and so could darcs.