[darcs-users] bug in darcs whatsnew

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Aug 21 10:21:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 03:05:25PM +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:

>     David> way back before darcs was in haskell
>
> Out of curiosity, what language was that? Was that a prototype or a
> functional implementation?

It was in C++, but suffered from two problems.  One was that I wasn't very
experienced in C++ programming, and made a few design mistakes, but the
other was that I didn't yet really understand the theory behind darcs, so
there were also some more fundamental mistakes.  It was a "working"
implementation, but extremely buggy both in that it didn't always do what I
intended for it to do, and in that my intended behavior wasn't correct.
http://www.abridgegame.org