[darcs-users] notes about installing darcs.cgi

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Aug 26 15:34:28 UTC 2004

I got the following error:

"Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at
/var/www/zooko.com/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi line 105.".

So I set about limiting the path by removing "/usr/local/bin" from the
cgi.conf.in, and by providing fully qualified paths to xsltproc and
darcs.

I learned that I needed to install xsltproc on my system.

It turns out that even though I provided the fully-qualified path in
cgi.conf.in (and removed the leading "#") for both xsltproc and darcs,
the resulting darcs.cgi still uses the unqualified "xsltproc" and
"darcs", and I still get that error.

Okay, I give up!  How do I make this thing run?

Regards,

Zooko