[darcs-users] notes about installing darcs.cgi

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Tue Aug 31 20:37:06 UTC 2004

> It sounds like the cgi is using default values because it cannot find
> the config file.  Have you run "make install" to copy cgi.conf.in to
> @sysconfigdir@/darcs/cgi.conf?

Yes, like this:
time ( autoconf ; automake ; ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/darcs
; make ; sudo make install ) &> log &

The resulting log file is visible at http://zooko.com/darcsmakelog

I see that this didn't install anything into
/usr/local/stow/darcs/share, as I had thought it would.  Indeed,
neither the cgi.conf file nor any of the xslt files got installed by
this command:

HACK gir:~/playground/darcs$ find /usr/local/stow/darcs
/usr/local/stow/darcs
/usr/local/stow/darcs/bin
/usr/local/stow/darcs/bin/darcs
/usr/local/stow/darcs/etc
/usr/local/stow/darcs/etc/bash_completion.d
/usr/local/stow/darcs/etc/bash_completion.d/darcs
/usr/local/stow/darcs/man
/usr/local/stow/darcs/man/man1
/usr/local/stow/darcs/man/man1/darcs.1

> Alternatively you can just edit the read_conf() lines in darcs.cgi and
> change the second parameter (which is the default value) to whatever
> you like.  I prefer to do that, don't like installing app config files
> in /etc.

I can do that, but it doesn't make the error go away:

[Tue Aug 31 21:33:23 2004] [error] [client 192.75.95.127] Insecure
$ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at
/var/www/zooko.com/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi line 103.

Regards,

Zooko