[darcs-users] announcing darcs 1.0.1rc1

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Dec 1 12:28:33 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I've just tarred up darcs version 1.0.1rc1.  I'd really like to release a
darcs version 1.0.1 soon, since there is an important bug fixed in this
release, which is related to commutation issues.

Unfortunately, the bug fix means that there may be issues when
interoperating with older versions of darcs.  Basically, older darcs
allowed patches to commute when they really shouldn't.  This could lead to
repository corruption, which is why it's an important fix.  There were a
few other minor bugfixes since 1.0.1pre1.  Newlines should be slightly
better behaved on windows, and MAPI email may now work with darcs send on
windows.

Please let me know if this works or doesn't work for you.  I really want to
make sure 1.0.1 is released before I head home for Christmas in a couple of
weeks, so if there are issues on any other platforms, there isn't time for
very many release candidates.

Since this is an important bugfix release, and people really *ought* to
upgrade to it, I want to make extra-double-certain that it doesn't have any
trivial problems (e.g. won't compile on platform foo) before releasing.  In
the worst case scenario, I may go back to an older version of darcs and tag
a 1.0.1rc2 that doesn't include 1.0.1rc1, that is, if there are potentially
buggy recent changes.
http://www.darcs.net