[darcs-users] Windows help...

Michael Conrad conradme at email.uc.edu
Thu Dec 2 02:38:17 UTC 2004

> Sorry. I didn't intend to mean "setting up IIS". I meant "setting up
> HTTP access for darcs". I read the docs but I couldn't setup the server
> for darcs "get".

The quick probably-what-you-want answer: right-click your repo, click
sharing, click the "Web Sharing" tab, click "Share this folder", and give it
a name.  It will then be

  darcs get http://you.r.ip.addr/ShareName/

Now, if you wanted something else like setting up apache on windows, thats a
longer story.  And if you wanted darcs to somehow serve http requests, darcs
doesn't do that.

You won't be able to push without scp.  Send will work, but can't be
automated the same way it can on UNIX- you'll have to save the attachment
from email and then apply it from the command line.

But, really, there's not many other ways to drop something onto a windoze
box via the 'net.  I suppose a form-post ASP page could accept a patch (and
apply automatically on a win box? *shudder*), but nobody has offered to
write one yet.

-Mike