[darcs-users] first usage impressions.

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Dec 5 11:29:55 UTC 2004

On Saturday 04 December 2004 19:05, Marek "Baczek" Baczyński wrote:
> > While working on the above problem I also did a second remove.  I
> > typed: "darcs remove README" a second time and was presented with an
> > error: darcs failed:  Can't remove README
> > This is understandable; but a nice "README is not added" or similar
> > would help a LOT
>
> If 'README is not added' was the only possible reason for such error,
> it would make sense. OTOH, it wouldn't be necessary as you'd know it's
> the only possible reason :)

If one action can cause an error due to 5 different reasons, then how hard
is it to test for these 5 reasons and print nice error messages for them.
If not five; then at least the top 2 or 3.
I've been programming for years and have had to use my own software years
after date, printing extra error messages is well worth the effort of
finding out which problem caused the error as the learning curve gets a
whole lot less steep.

--
Thomas Zander