[darcs-users] more feedback on binary file detection

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Dec 6 15:10:44 UTC 2004

This morning I've been wrestling with darcs, because it's trying
to tell me my Perl file has become a binary.

I think it's really important for users to be able to override the
binary file detection.

I tried to use Perl to find any ^Z or NUL characters in the file, and
it didn't find any. (Although perhaps my Perl isn't perfect):

perl -ne 'print if /[^\x20-\x79]/'  file.txt

I'm sort of stuck now, because I can't create a proper 'diff' using darcs
because it things my Perl script is a binary.

    Mark