[darcs-users] darcs on heterogenous setups

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:11:49 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I am new to darcs and I am planning to use darcs at work with a small
development team. My plan is to use the Windows port of darcs on the
developer machine where each developer will have his own repo. There
will be one central repo which everyone will be able to commit to once
all patches have been reviewed and approved. The central repo will be
running Linux or some other Unix-like OS.

I wish to learn from experienced darcs users on this list about the following:

1. Does the `darcs send' command send email when invoked in the
Windows version of darcs? If not, what needs to be installed to make
this possible?

2. Is the result of `darcs send --output=filename' usable with
`patch'? If not, what is the correct command to produce `patch' usable
patches?

3. Are signed changesets possible in the Windows port? If so, please
provide some pointers.

I am very much open to other suggestions or best practices with
version control using darcs on heterogenous environments. We haven't
yet decided on the workflow. I have read the two suggestions on the
documentation but I don't know which one will be most efficient on our
setup.

Thanks in advance.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_