[darcs-users] Re: signing of patches

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Tue Dec 7 13:54:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, David Roundy wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 02:07:23PM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, David Roundy wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > If you include the signed security-context in the repository... no, you
> > > can't include it in the repository, since that would introduce an
> > > interesting chicken and egg problem.
> >
> > Could you be so kind and explain me a bit more this issue?
>
> I think I was perhaps unclear.  I was thinking of including the signed
> security-context as a file within the repository.  The problem of course,
> is that when you modify the repository, then the security context needs to
> be updated, but that involves modifying the repository.

Ah, no, I would like to put security-context file directly besides
inventory file in _darcs directory -- that's what I consider to be a
`repository' (sorry for probably mistaken terms used) Here IMHO it should
not make any issue, so I was wondering which chicken'n'egg problem do you
have in mind.

Thanks for clarification,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com