[darcs-users] better mgmt of 'pending' (was: Re: how do i tell darcs that i changed my mind)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Dec 7 16:34:38 UTC 2004

On 2004-12-07, Stefan Rank <e9725431 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> I think it would be less suprising if darcs - in the case that started
> this thread (add followed by remove) - checked pending when 'remove' is
> called and, if there is already an add for this file, it just deletes
> the add.

I agree here.

> A more basic (and safer) approach would be an extra command that
> presents you with the list of (explicit) pending changes and lets you
> delete them separately (like 'darcs undo-pending' or 'darcs revert
> --partial --dontdelete'). this should also work for changing your mind
> about a 'replace patch'.

What would this interface look like? Considering darcs is made to be
used by programmers, editting the pending file is not a particularly
scary or difficult thing to do, especially since you can make a backup
of it. So if you get a "conflicts in pending" message after you edit it,
you know you need to try again. :)

    Mark