[darcs-users] darcs and GnuPG

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 03:03:48 UTC 2004

Hello,

I was trying out the method for using darcs to automatically apply a
patch sent via email if it is signed with the correct gpg key. For
reference I used this:

http://www.darcs.net/manual/node4.html#SECTION00455000000000000000

And more or less followed the steps outlined there. I already have an
existing gnupg setup and I have been using it for a while now so I
know gpg is not the culprit here. The problem is that darcs dies with
an error message saying there was an error running gpg. But it does
run gpg because it prompts me for my passphrase, it is after I enter
my passphrase that darcs fails. I even tried changing my passphrase to
a single character, but still the error was there. Before deciding to
give up, I decided to remove the gpg key passphrase, tried `darcs
send' again and it worked! But now my gpg key does not have a
passphrase :(

Is this a known issue?

My setup:

OS: SuSE Linux Professional 9.1
darcs: version 1.0.0 grabbed from
http://www.carpetcode.org/get-carpet-darcs.html
gpg: GnuPG 1.2.4

I use a prebuilt binary from carpetcode which is only available for
1.0.0 version because there seem to be no RPMS for ghc prebuild for
SuSE 9.1.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_