[darcs-users] Faster get proposal

Norbert Nemec Norbert.Nemec.list at gmx.de
Thu Dec 9 16:23:38 UTC 2004

Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 13:47 schrieb David Roundy:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:22:45AM +0200, Einar Karttunen wrote:
> > * Serious users want usually the whole thing
>
> True.

I strongly doubt this. Usually, "serious users" have one or few projects that
they are "serious" about and many others that they just use, downloading the
source once, maybe doing some fixes but never digging deeply into the
history.

And even for your major projects, you would usually only get the whole source
once and work with it then. Local copies and branches of the repository would
usually also be created using --partial or more complicated options.

This leads me to believe that "--partial" should actually be the default,
benefiting both - random users as well as serious experts - in their daily
use of darcs.

Greetings,
Norbert