[darcs-users] Re: darcs and GnuPG

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Dec 10 14:01:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 11:25:05AM +0800, Nimrod A. Abing wrote:
> Someone please clarify on whether or not this is a known issue, my gpg
> key is open without a passphrase and the private key is stored on a
> machine shared with other co-workers. If this is a known issue and no
> workarounds are present, then I would have to create a separate key
> for signing patches.

It's not a known issue.  I've certainly never seen this problem myself.

It seems that gpg is returning an error value, which is weird.  If you can
add to your darcs the following change:

{
hunk ./External.hs 400
         rval <- exec c args tn on
         if rval == ExitSuccess
            then readDocBinFile on
-           else fail $ "Error running external program '"++c++"'"
+           else fail $ "Error running external program '"++c++"' "++show rval

 -- The following is needed for diff, which returns non-zero whenever
 -- the files differ.
}

we could see what the return value of gpg is that is causeing the trouble.

If you could also somehow check what the return value is when gpg is used
to sign a file outside of darcs that would be great.
http://www.darcs.net