[darcs-users] how do i tell darcs that i changed my mind

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Dec 11 16:55:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 02:50:14PM +0100, Stefan Rank wrote:
> Hunks and implicit removes are derived from the state of the working
> dir, but explicit add/remove/replace has to be undone by editing
> pending. (Correct? At least if you want to undo them separately,
> otherwise revert can help?)

Actually, revert also can help you undo changes in pending individually.
The only trouble is that revert on a file add removes the file in the
working directory.

> I think it would be less suprising if darcs - in the case that started
> this thread (add followed by remove) - checked pending when 'remove' is
> called and, if there is already an add for this file, it just deletes
> the add.

Agreed, I've modified darcs to do this--in a way that actually simplifies
the code, which is a good thing.  Now whenever darcs writes pending it
always "simplifies" it using an existing sift_for_pending routine that was
previously called manually before writing pending.
http://www.darcs.net