[darcs-users] Re: Bug: Annotate fails for re-added files

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sun Dec 12 16:30:06 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 02:18:26PM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> in it.  Could you check yet again with:
>
> Sat Dec 11 14:15:17 EST 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
>   * fix bug in annotate when two files or dirs were added in same patch.

Yes, with 1.0.1rc3 I can annotate all my files and directories
again.  :-)

I have a repo where I repeatedly have moved files along
to new directories.  Just for fun I tried to annotate
old-dir/no-longer-here.file, and I got the "no file or dir"
error message as expected -- sort of.  I had to pipe stderr
to a pager to find it at the top of a rather long output that
I don't understand:

  darcs failed:  There is no file or directory named 'scan/error.cc'
  Pop [TAG scanner done
  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20041206112912]  "." Dir old at state [
  **]
   "symtab" Dir added at state [init
  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20041029153917]
    "scanner.hh" File moved to ./scan/scanner.hh at state [move files to symtab
  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20041203185019]
    "symtabtest.cc" File modified at state [remove ^M and convert to utf8
  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20041029160312]
    "Makefile" File added at state [init
  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20041029153917]
  [...]

Is this some development debugging output that should be
removed before 1.0.1?