[darcs-users] announcing darcs 1.0.1

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 03:24:30 UTC 2004

RPMs for SuSE Linux Professional 9.1:

Client:

 * http://sti-capiz.dyndns.info/~nimrod/files/RPMS/SuSE-9.1/darcs-1.0.1-3.i586.rpm

Web Front-end:
 * http://sti-capiz.dyndns.info/~nimrod/files/RPMS/SuSE-9.1/darcs-server-1.0.1-3.i586.rpm

Build it from source:

 * http://sti-capiz.dyndns.info/~nimrod/files/RPMS/SuSE-9.1/darcs-1.0.1-3.src.rpm

As these files are hosted on a server with no permanent Internet
connection (DSL-connected box) availability is not always guaranteed.
If someone else is willing to host these files on another server
please do so and then update the Wiki entry with alternative links.
BTW Wiki seems to be down? I am unable to post updated links, it
causes an internal server error.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:51:33 -0500, David Roundy
<droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the release of darcs version 1.0.1.  This is
> primarily a bugfix release, although a few new features did manage to creep
> in.
>
> There was one bad bug in version 1.0.0 and earlier which has the potential
> to cause repository corruption.  Unfortunately, fixing this bug means that
> darcs is lest lenient in allowing certain types of patches to commute,
> which means you may have trouble interacting between darcs version 1.0.1
> and earlier versions of darcs.  There is a page on the wiki devoted to this
> issue, so I'll say no more hear, and just point you there:
>
> http://www.scannedinavian.org/DarcsWiki/Issues1_2e0_2e1
>
> There were more fixed than are worth mentioning here, so you can see the
> ChangeLog for details.  A bug fix that is almost perhaps a new feature is
> that the MAPI email code for windows had some fixes made, which may make
> this a workable feature for windows users.  Support for arbitrary transport
> protocols was added via the DARCS_GET_FOO, DARCS_MGET_FOO and
> DARCS_APPLY_FOO environment variables.  There was some work on
> optimizations, although I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes in
> which commands, since I haven't run timings myself.
>
> I think that's about all.  I do hope that packagers pick up 1.0.1 soon,
> since I'd like to as soon as possible put the issues related to the
> commutation bug behind us.
>
> In somewhat unrelated news, on Thursday I'll be heading home to spend a few
> weeks with my family for Christmas, and as a result won't be reading
> darcs-users very regularly.  I'll try to keep up with darcs-devel, and in
> particular to accept patches for bugfixes that might show up.  I'll be back
> in early January, and will try to catch up then.
> --
> David Roundy
> http://www.darcs.net

_nimrod_a_abing_