[darcs-users] pushing an unrecord

Mathieu Lacage mathieu_lacage at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 14 16:13:10 UTC 2004

hi,

I have been using darcs for 2 or 3 weeks now for a pet project of mine
and I still have not figured out how to "push" an "unrecord to a
repository.

For now, I have setup a distant machine which hosts a ssh server and my
"master" darcs repo. Typically, I work on a number of different machines
and often push patches from my local repos to this "master" repo.
Sometimes, I realize that I pushed a patch a bit too fast and that I
would like to unrecord a given patch on that distant repository. While
it is possible for me to ssh onto the distant machine and run darcs
unrecord myself there, I wonder if it would be possible me for to push
my local unrecords to the distant "master" repo.

Also, I am sure someone has already complained about it but I miss the
"-a" option for the unrevert command.

Finally, it would be sort of nice to have a pre/post command run
whenever a patch is applied to a given repository. I have looked into
implementing this myself but I got scared a bit by the haskell code so,
it might take a while until I feel confident enough to go back to that
code.

thanks for this really sweet application,

regards,
Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage at myrealbox.com>