[darcs-users] Working with darcs

tnorth at bluewin.ch tnorth at bluewin.ch
Mon Dec 20 11:49:45 UTC 2004

Hello,
I am interested in using Darcs for a Web developpement project. But first
i need to have fully understood how that sort of versionning system works.

The web project has two branches now. The stable one, which is online, and
a developpement one.
I may create two directories and put each branch in it.

Then, some people will come and do patches for the stable branch.
Some other will patch the developpement one.
But patches needed for the current version are needed by the developpement
one two, knowing the developpement one is based on the stable one :)

Now, what I need to know is : how may I merge the patches from stable to
the developpement branch ?
Will then the new file be composed of patches and lines added in the dev
version ?

I am not sure I fully understood versionning systems and what they are able
to do,  and what they cannot do for me :)

I would be very happy to have your opinion,

best regards,
Thibault