[darcs-users] Re: Working with darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Dec 20 15:40:04 UTC 2004

On 2004-12-20, tnorth at bluewin.ch <tnorth at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Now, what I need to know is : how may I merge the patches from stable to
> the developpement branch ?

This is very easy in darcs:

$ cd /my/development/branch
$ darcs pull /path/to/stable/branch

The path you give to pull can also be an 'scp' style remote path instead
of something local. Also, you should only have to give the path the
first time, after that it will be used as the default.

> Will then the new file be composed of patches and lines added in the dev
> version ?

Perhaps this will help:

'record' any changes you have in the dev branch before you pull.  It's
best to pull when there are no unrecorded changes. You can always 'unrecord'
your changes aftwards if you were in the middle of something.

After you pull, your files in the dev directory will be modified to
contain any changes from the stable branch, perhaps with conflicts.

I also use darcs to manage website projects.

    Mark