[darcs-users] Re: Working with darcs

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:39:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:59:02 +0000 (UTC), Mark Stosberg
<mark at summersault.com> wrote:
> On 2004-12-20, Erik Bågfors <zindar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Now, when already having the branches I really don't know how to do
> > this, I don't even know if it's possible in darcs since it depends on
> > a history that's common.
>
> Start with one archive converted to darcs.
>
> Set aside the sources for the branch,
> and then copy the darcs archive for the first repo
> to the branch location.
>
> Finally, copy your set-aside changes into the branch repo
> and darcs record them.
>
> Now you have two darcs branches with a common history, but a different
> current state.

Not quite that simple because the situation I have is somewhat different.

I have a project that was forked and then each "branch" was put into a
different cvs.  So I have two different cvs-projects that up to a
certain point was the same project, then it was forked and both have
been worked on separately.

Sometimes the same code has gone into both repositories and that's
were I don't know how to handle it.  As long as they've gone totally
different directions it should be doable.

I need a way to find the same patch in both repositories and tell
darcs they are the same.

/Erik