[darcs-users] Re: [tailor.py] "ValueError: time data did not match format"

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Tue Dec 21 14:40:19 UTC 2004

    >> I'm stress-testing CVS conversion tools and, while tailor.py
    >> works fine when there is no conflict (conflicting editions in
    >> the same line), when I do get a conflict, update fails with a
    >> very strange error message:

    Stephane> This is for a conflict between two changes (one in CVS
    Stephane> and one in Darcs) in the same line of a file.

Hi Stephane,

I may guess that exit status 256 from cvs means something that tailor
should grow up and handle. The way I use tailor (ie, just a
one-way-mirror) by definition should never raise a conflict, this is
why it doesn't already do.

Any chance of getting a little snapshot of the context? As I'm focused
on other thingie, this would be a boost for the fix :)

And, btw, how should tailor behave in such case? Would lunching a
subshell and assuming the conflict resolved by hand upon exit be
enough?

Thanks
bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.