[darcs-users] ANN: darcs.vim: a vim plugin to work with darcs

Srinath Avadhanula srinathava at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 23:49:04 UTC 2004

Hello,

I only recently began using darcs but instantly liked it. Since I also love
Vim, I made a rudimentary plugin for working with darcs from within GVim.
The feature-set is somewhat limited, but covers about 90% of the things I
do with darcs.

Features:
=========
1. Committing from within GVim. When the user presses \dkc, the plugin
   opens a "commit console" which contains a list of the hunks which darcs
   sees as the current changes. The user can press Y/N/J/K/F/S just like in
   darcs to accept/reject individual hunks. The user also enters the commit
   log message in that same window (by pressing L). After the user is done
   processing the hunks, he can press R which makes the plugin record the
   selected changes with the given log message.

2. Diffing to the last recorded version. Pressing \dkv makes the plugin
   vertically diffsplit the GVim window and show the changes between the
   current state and the last recorded state. This operation is "cheap"
   because it uses the file from _darcs/current/ corresponding to the
   current file.

3. Diffing between two recorded versions: Pressing \dki makes the plugin
   open an "interactive diff console". In this window, the user can
   navigate to the next or previous patch using j/k. The user selects two
   patches, the "from" patch and the "to" patch by pressing 'f' and 't'
   while on two patches. After the user is done, he presses 'g' (go). The
   plugin then opens two vertically split windows along the top which shows
   the difference between the two windows. If the user chooses just one
   file (using either 'f' or 't'), then the plugin shows the changes from
   that patch to the current state.

Installation:
Drop the darcs.vim file attached into the ~/.vim/plugin directory.
Requires vim version 6.2+. I have tested it to work on both linux and
windows. However, on windows, you will require the cygwin environment.

Srinath

PS: This plugin is presently in beta state. Report bugs to me.