[darcs-users] Re: ANN: darcs.vim: a vim plugin to work with darcs

Srinath Avadhanula srinathava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 00:53:30 UTC 2004

On 28 Dec 2004 23:52:04 +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> [The thread is about the Darcs mode for VIM.  vc-darcs.el is a Darcs
>  mode for Emacs that I was maintaining last time I checked.]
>
> > In this case, it should be an easy check: You can see if
> > _darcs/prefs/authors exists.
>
> In vc-darcs.el, we simply use --author systematically.
> _darcs/prefs/authors is ignored, Emacs's notion of the user's identity
> is used.

I don't think that it will be a good idea to replicate the idea of
author in darcs and in Vim. For now, I will treat the fact that
darcs.vim ignores checking for _darcs/prefs/author as a bug. In the
future, I might ask the user to provide an email if that file doesn't
exist.

> > When I ran one of the darcs related command, I expected the plugin
> > to understand that I mean: "run this command in the repo that the
> > file I'm looking at is in".
>
> This is how vc-darcs.el behaves, except that it also searches
> recursively the parents of the directory of the file to see if one is
> a repo.

darcs.vim was also supposed to work this way but it was buggy. I fixed
a couple of things in the latest version. Like vc-darcs.el, darcs.vim
also searches recursively upwards from teh current directory for a
_darcs repo.

So here's the latest version with a few bug-fixes mostly to work with
opening a file which is under darcs' control but with vim's pwd
different.

http://robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu/~srinath/darcs/index.php

Srinath