[darcs-users] Re: ANN: darcs.vim: a vim plugin to work with darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Dec 30 01:35:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 03:56:16PM -0800, Srinath Avadhanula wrote:

> Hmmm... I was referring to a bug fix for this exact scneario... For
> the latest version from
>
> http://robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu/~srinath/darcs/index.php
>
> I tested the following scenario:
>
> 1. The repo exists in /tmp/testdarcs/_darcs
> 2.  There is a file /tmp/testdarcs/file which corresponds to the
> _darcs file above
> 3. I first cd to /some/other/dir
> 4. I then issue ``vim /tmp/testdarcs/file``. This makes vim's present
> directory correspond to /some/other/dir.
> 5. From within vim I do \dki. I get the list of changes as expected.
> 6. If I choose 2 revisions using 'f' and 't' and then press 'g', I get
> to view the diff as expected.
>
> If this kind of thing does not work for you, I will need further
> information about how exactly your repo and invokations differ from
> mine.

I tried again with the new version, and it still didn't work for me.

The repo I'm using is to test is available here:
http://mark.stosberg.com/darcs_hive/dfv/

The file I'm using to test is 'Changes'

If I look in the temporary directory created by this function, I find this:

-rw-rw-r--  1 mark mark     0 Dec 29 20:37 2
-rw-r--r--  1 mark mark 15709 Dec 29 20:31 21__present
-rw-------  1 mark mark     0 Dec 29 20:31 22__from
-rw-------  1 mark mark     0 Dec 29 20:31 23__to
-rw-rw-r--  1 mark mark     0 Dec 29 20:32 29

How about the other darcs.vim users out there. Does this work for you?

> Similary, I can do \dkc with vim's pwd different from /tmp/testdarcs
> and still do commits.

This works fine for me.

> > I still get the empty windows with interactive diff. Besides working on
> > preventing the issue, perhaps you could also make the code more robust
> > by handing the situation better anyway:
>
> Better how? Obviously the more robust the better, but well, thats what
> we all try to do with code, I guess :) with varying levels of
> success... In Vim, spaces in file and directory names cause problems.
> Do you have such files?

I rarely use files or directories with spaces, and didn't in this case.

    Mark
--
http://mark.stosberg.com/