[darcs-users] Re: [newbie] Replacement for CVS' keywords

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Feb 9 13:54:30 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:08:43AM +0100, Ketil Malde wrote:
> Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149.net> writes:
>
> > Maybe it would be possible to modify/enhance "darcs changes" so that
> > it can print information related only to a file or a group of
> > files.
>
> If there's a popularity contest, I'm in favor of this.

There's always a popularity contest!  :) Seriously, I don't enjoy coding
features unless either I want them or know that others will use them.

This feature falls in a category of a lot of features I want to add, which
are basically to make a bunch of the commands (record, whatsnew, revert
come to mind) accept an optional list of files or directories to which they
will apply, and possibly only apply to the current directory if it is a
subdirectory.  However, the idea of putting changes in this category is one
that I hadn't thought of, and a good one.  I think I'll see about getting
this whole category done after darcs 0.9.16.
http://www.abridgegame.org