[darcs-users] Re: darcs and patches@ mail

Mirian Crzig Lennox list-darcs-users at cosmic.com
Mon Feb 16 21:03:39 UTC 2004

aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr (Aggelos Economopoulos) writes:

> Did you bother reporting them? ext3 has been rock solid for me (but I'm
> stuck with it because I need the on-disk compatibility with ext2 so my
> bsd OSes can access it).

Ext3 still has some serious problems.  I can reliably get it to
exhibit corruption by doing ordinary non-privileged tasks in user
mode, which does NOT occur with ext2 (meaning that ext3 under some
circumstances is actually *less* robust than ext2).  The problem has
to do with binary trees and very large, very deep directories.
There's note of it made at
<http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=130828&highlight=ext3>,
probably other places too.

cheers,