[darcs-users] Tracking third-party software

Sean E. Russell ser at germane-software.com
Wed Feb 18 11:44:15 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 06:07, David Roundy wrote:
> Well, you can use darcs diff to get a unidiff out of darcs, which seems
> like it would alleviate some of your problems, and then you could just use

True.

> patch to apply it to the CVS tree.  But even more appealing would be simply
> to make the CVS tree itself a darcs repo.  You could do this by copying
> _darcs from a repo into the CVS tree.  Then you'd have to add/remove/rename

Ah, but I can't, because I am only maintaining the source directory in the CVS
repository, one level below where the _darcs directory is within my own
repository.  This is one disadvantage of darcs directories not being discrete
repositories in themselves.  EG:

	Me:
	rexmlproject/
		_darcs/
		src/
			rexml/		<-- This is what I'm sharing...

	CVS:
	ruby/
		lib/
			rexml/		<-- ... in the other tree
Otherwise, this would be the ideal solution.  I *could* apply that method to
maintaining the SVN repository, though.

This is the issue we've discussed a couple of times on this mailing list:
sometimes, it is useful to be able to "import" subdirectories of another
repository.

--
### SER
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido