[darcs-users] Re: darcs and patches@ mail

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Sat Feb 21 14:44:50 UTC 2004

David Roundy wrote:
> Switching to using a database to store current is definitely appealing, but
> certainly not for until after 1.0.

If you even consider this, please make it optional. I have a very strong
preference for plain files over binary database blobs. I will sacrifice
disk space. I will sacrifice speed. The simplicity, clarity, and
recoverability of plain files are all worth it to me.

The biggest reason I switched from monotone to darcs was because
monotone uses a database to store its patches, which was a) unreliable
[in a pre-beta version], and b) required an executable on the server.

Kevin