[darcs-users] Problem with a mailed patch

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Feb 27 11:04:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:32:07PM +1100, Peter Maxwell wrote:
> My central darcs repo mailed me back with:
>
> So far so good... finished merging.
> syncing dir...
> done syncing dir...
> diffing dir...
> Applying patches to the local directories...
> Error applying patch to recorded!
>
> OK, but what does that mean exactly?  Possible clues: The patch in
> question deletes a directory and it's contents.  Other patches which
> don't delete any files work OK, and applying this patch directly with
> push --output and apply, rather than pushing via email / procmail, also
> works just fine.

This is really a strange business! When you ran with push --output and
apply, did you give apply the same flags as are in the procmail script?
Just looking at the code, I can see no reason why this should happen, so
I'd like to be able to reproduce this myself if I can, but am not sure how
to do so.

You could also try using push --output, and then apply with the patch file
piped in rather than specified on the command line, which is more similar
to what the procmail script does.
http://www.abridgegame.org